Canada to Allow Fully Vaccinated Americans to Enter Canada Effective August 9th
NOTO is very pleased to share that the Federal Government has officially announced that the Canada border with the US will be open for fully vaccinated American travellers on August 9th, 2021.
Of course this comes with a list of COVID safety measures that guests will need to adhere to. Fully vaccinated travellers must meet the following requirements:
- be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and/or Johnson & Johnson (one-dose));
- provide COVID-19- related information electronically through ArriveCan (App or web portal) including proof of vaccination prior to departing for Canada;
- meet the pre-entry testing requirements;
- be asymptomatic upon arrival; and
- have a paper or digital copy of their vaccination documentation in English or French (or certified translation, along with the original) ready to show a government official on request; and
- participate in random self-testing
All travellers must also present a suitable quarantine plan, and be prepared to quarantine, should they not meet all of the conditions to be exempt from quarantine.
This first phase of reopening the Canadian border on August 9th to fully vaccinated American travellers is expected to be followed by a broader opening to fully vaccinated travellers from any country on September 7th.
We know that many of you have questions about the random self-testing and process if a positive COVID-19 result is found. We are asking for more information on this piece.
NOTO welcomes this first phase and know that many of you will be looking for more details to share with your guests in the coming days. NOTO will be working with our partners to develop helpful resources.
In the meantime, to help those of you who have not yet opened your facilities, we encourage you to review the COVID Best Practices and apply for your SafeTravel Stamp. Also, don’t forget about the Tourism SkillsNet North program that can help you find or bring back staff.
We want to thank all of you who have supported us through these very trying times. Without your support and encouragement, we would not have been able to raise our voice (YOUR voice) as effectively. There is still more work to be done and we are ready and eager to continue advocating for further financial assistance and support programs.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Stay tuned there will be more to come.
View Announcement FAQs