2023 Work Permit Procedures
Sault Ste. Marie, Fort Frances and Rainy River Ports of Entry will continue to offer the pre-arrival work permit processing option for US camp operators.
CBSA is strongly encouraging operators to schedule appointments and to send their documents by e-mail ahead of time to help speed up the process.
- Clients choosing the pre-arrival processing option will have appointments booked on an agreed upon date and time.
- Clients not choosing the pre-arrival processing will be served on a first come/first serve basis after any booked appointments are completed.
If you are interested in pre-arrival work permit processing CBSA asks that you contact the Port of Entry where you normally cross:
- Rainy River POE – CBSA.IMMIGRATION-478-IMMIGRATION.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Fort Frances POE – CBSA.IMMIGRATION-478-IMMIGRATION.ASFC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Sault Ste. Marie POE – 705-941-3045
Lastly, here are a few links to assist with your travel planning;
- Canada Border Services Agency (cbsa-asfc.gc.ca)
- Travel.gc.ca – Home
- Travelling with pets, food or plants – Canadian Food Inspection Agency (canada.ca)
- Travellers : Cannabis at the border (cbsa-asfc.gc.ca)
NOTO has also put together a documentation checklist to help you prepare for your work permit process. Click here to access it.