NOTO has recently received more details regarding the Ministry of Labour’s 2014 inspection process and upcoming webinar to help prepare tourism operators for the inspections. Please see the announcement below.
As promised, we are sharing these details with you. If you have any issues or concerns about your ability to participate in this webinar please let us know and we will collectively bring your concerns to our contacts at the Ministry.
Ph. 705-472-5552 x24
Tourism, Recreation and Hospitality Sector
Remote Access Enforcement Initiative
The Ministry of Labour’s Northern Region would like to announce an upcoming heightened enforcement initiative to remote access workplaces within the Tourism, Recreation and Hospitality sector.
The initiative will take place throughout the summer of 2014 and will begin June 23rd and run until September 19th, 2014. During this initiative Ministry of Labour Inspectors will focus on making sure:
- Employers are providing information, instruction and supervision in order to protect the health and safety of workers
- Equipment, material and protective devices provided by the employer are maintained in good condition
- Employers have policies/procedures & equipment in place to protect workers from the hazards of working alone and working on/near water
In order to assist the sector in preparing for this initiative, MOL staff will make themselves available to speak at operator meetings and will provide a free webinar for employers.
Webinar date – May 5, 2014 1 – 3 pm
Date: Monday, May 5, 2014
Time: 1:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 737 018 044
Meeting Password: training
1. Go to https://moldlu.webex.com/moldlu/j.php?ED=281848307&UID=1773824487&PW=NNTA2MDgyMzc1&RT=NCMxMQ%3D%3D
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: training
4. Click “Join”.
For audio of the Webex call:
Teleconference # 1-866-607-0964
Conference code # 2501721
The Safe At Work Ontario strategy to improve workplace safety. http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/sawo/index.php
Guideline to the Occupational Health and Safety Act http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/pdf/ohsa_guide.pdf
Frequently asked questions about the Act http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/faqs/ohsa.php
Please take the time to ensure you and your staff is working safely and in compliance with the Act and Regulations. Use the resources located within the Ministries website and work with your health and safety system partners.
Northern Region Director
Ministry of Labour