Forest Stewardship Council® Controlled Wood Assessment Consultations Taking Place in Northwestern and Northeastern Ontario
For a forest product company to maintain their Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Controlled Wood certification, they must undertake a Risk Assessment and have measures in place to ensure low risk supply for each of the following categories:
- Illegally harvested forests;
- Forests harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights;
- Forests in which high conservation values are threatened;
- Forests that are being converted to plantations or non-forest use; or
- Forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
Currently KBM Resources Group is undertaking a consultation process to fulfill this mandatory requirement for all certified forest product facilities in both the Northeast and the Northwest.
We encourage any of you who have any concerns or are aware of any situations that may resemble the ones listed above to participate in this consultation process. As part of this consultation process, a stakeholder review will be conducted for each region. KBM has provided the following details and information for your use.
- Consultation is open for 6 weeks, from January 16, 2018 to February 27, 2018
- Consultation Form for this region can be found HERE
Supporting documents for the Northeastern Region are listed and linked below:
- Consultations will be open from June 20, 2018 to July 31, 2018
- Consultation Form for this region can be found HERE.
Supporting documents for the Northwest Region are listed and linked below:
For a discussion or meeting to assist in providing input in an alternate format that the comment form, see the Stakeholder Letters linked above.
Please keep the NOTO office informed of any serious issues that you feel we should be made aware of.