The Canada-Ontario Job Grant is an initiative that helps employers pay for training for their employees. It provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There will be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Applications are accepted year round.
If you have a particular skill demand this program may be right for you. As part of the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities who administers the grant has launched two, new, employer-driven skills training pilots:
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: Customized Training
- and Canada-Ontario Job Grant: UpSkill
If you are interested in applying to one of these pilots the Completed Call for Proposal forms and application forms must be submitted by Friday, August 7, 2015.
To explore and learn more about this job grant visit: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/