This ministry oversees the activities and accountabilities of attractions and agencies that promote tourism, economic growth and job creation and offer a wide range of educational, recreational, cultural and entertainment programs.
Destination Ontario’s mission is to grow Ontario’s tourism sector year-round by stimulating increased consumer spending and visits, and by generating greater partnership participation. The Corporation works strategically, proactively and collaboratively with the tourism industry to market Ontario’s tourism experiences, and leverage multi-year marketing opportunities and investments in key markets. This website also features information of things to do, family fun, places to go and travel tools and resources.
Destination Northern Ontario is an organization formed at the direction of the northern Ontario tourism industry and funded by the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. DNO directly supports tourism businesses and communities to build better quality experiences that resonate with consumers to grow the industry by increasing visitation and yield. Destination Northern Ontario is aligned with the priorities of the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and works collaboratively with Destination Ontario. Through partnership, Destination Northern Ontario is able to efficiently execute innovative and multi-faceted tourism programs which support growth in the industry and leverage resources.
This is the official tourism marketing agency website for Northeastern Ontario Tourism. Here, you’ll find places to stay, things to do, and essential travel tips.
This consumer marketing site is specifically designed and geared to market Northern Ontario. It is driven by Northerners. A very good source of information if you are looking to tap into the vast nature and outdoor tourism offered in this region.
This is the official tourism marketing agency website for Sunset Country in Northern Ontario. Here, you’ll find places to stay, things to do, and essential travel tips.
This is the official tourism marketing agency website for Superior Country in Northern Ontario. Here, you’ll find places to stay, things to do, and essential travel tips.
This is the official tourism marketing agency website for Algoma Country in Northern Ontario. Here, you’ll find places to stay, things to do, and essential travel tips.
The Resource material and links section of this website provides reference material, downloadable studies and links that are useful to develop and improve businesses. Although the focus is on tourism operations, many other related service providers will find essential sources of information relevant to their respective businesses. These were researched and filtered to provide relevant information for most forms of tourism businesses.
Acts and Regulations
These Acts and Regulations are provided with the intent to enable our users to navigate to e- laws with ease. However because some of the regulations are updated often it is not practical to keep some of the links alive, so the titles are provided, please cut and paste directly into the CONSOLIDATED LAWS search box to retrieve and download.
- Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 4
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 41
- Fish Inspection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.18
- Forest Fires Prevention Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.24
- Green Energy Act, 2009, S.O. 2009, c. 12 , Sched. A
- Greenbelt Act, 2005, S.O. 2005, c. 1
- Heritage Hunting and Fishing Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 10
- Hotel Registration of Guests Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.17
- Land Registration Reform Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.4
- Land Titles Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.5
- Land Transfer Tax Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.6
- Public Lands Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.43
- Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. N.5
- Ontario Heritage Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.18
- Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 – O. Reg. 170/03
- Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c. 12
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 S.O. 2005, c. 11
- Consumer Protection Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 30
- Employment Standards Act, 2000, S.O. 2000, c. 41
- Endangered Species Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 6
- Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19
- Retail Business Holidays Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. R.30
Key Business Support Links and Resources
- Writing your business plan
- Getting your business off the ground
- Registering your business
- Business Number (BN)
- Government grants and financing
- Private Sector Financing
- Government of Canada’s Business Toolkit