NOTO’s COVID-19 Newsletter Archive
On this page, you will find links to every COVID-19 newsletter update NOTO has produced over the course of the pandemic.
- March 29th: 2022 Crown Resource Fees Waived!
- March 26th: Summary of latest advocacy wins, Message from CBSA for US Camp Owners, & more.
- March 19th: Canada to Remove Pre-Entry Test Requirements for Fully Vaxxed, Spring Training Week Registration, & more.
- March 12th: FAQs answered by CBSA, Ontario to Remove Mask Mandate, VIA Rail Update & More.
- March 5th: Advocacy Efforts Update, Provincial COVID Regulation Changes, Camping on Waterways Consultation, & more.
- February 26: Federal Budget Consultation, Changes in Border Requirements, & More
- February 19th: Change in Border Requirements, Ontario Eases More COVID Restrictions, TSNN Update, Reminder on Proposals & More
- February 13th: CBSA Notice for Bait, BMZ Q&A, Staycation Tax Credit FAQs, Federal Budget Consultations & more
- February 4th: Opportunities for Industry Feedback (Fire, Deer, Caribou), Destination Ontario Webinars on Attracting New Markets, and more
- January 31st: Update on Advocacy Efforts, TSNN Update, Regulation Changes, Proposal on Non-Resident White-Tail Deer Hunts, & more
- January 23rd: Survey Reminders, ROMA, NOTO’s Focus, Lifting of Some Restrictions, CRA Webinar & more
- January 16th: CEBA, RRRF Repayment Deadline Extended, Changes to Traveller Exemptions, ON COVID-19 Small Business Support Grant, & more
- January 7th: NOTO’s priorities for January, Step 2 Regulations, Update on Support Programs, Minimum Wage Increase & More
- January 4th: New COVID-19 Restrictions Coming Into Effect
- December 23rd: Holiday Notice, Ontario Support Programs, Federal Government Program Extension, NOTO New Website Teaser
- December 18th: Travel Tax Credit FAQs, New COVID Restrictions, Surveys, Moose Survey Notice & more.
- December 12th: Fixed Roof Accommodation Survey, US Travel Requirements, Ontario News, Subury Public Health Update and more.
- December 4th: Government Declines Waiving of Crown Resource Fees, Federal Travel Restrictions, Public Health Unit Restriction Updates and more.
- November 28th: NOTO Strategic Plan Update, Federal Government Throne Speech, Deer and Turkey Hunt Proposals, and more.
- November 20th: NOTO Board of Directors, Canada to Recognize More Vaccines, Deer Hunt Proposal, Algoma Public Health Restrictions, and more.
- November 14th: Northern Ontario Tourism Training Week, Ontario Travel Tax Credit, Border Survey, Sudbury COVID restrictions and more.
- November 6th: NOTTW, 2021 Fall Economic Statement, Min. Wage Increase, and more.
- October 30th: TIAO Summit, NOTO Wins Awards, NOTTW, Federal Cabinet Announced, and more.
- October 22nd: NOTO AGM and Election Announcement, Province Announces Plan to Safely Reopen Ontario, CEWS, CERS & CRB Expire – New Programs Announced, Tourism HR’s Propel Program, Changes to Public Lands Act and more.
- October 15th: Laurie Receives Tourism Champion of the Year Award, NOTO a Finalist in Many TIAO Award Categories, Nomination for NOTO Awards, Enhanced Vaccine Certificate Announced, and more.
- October 9th: Government Announces Red Tape Reduction – Many NOTO Items Included, TSNN Announcement, OTRP, and more.
- October 2nd: Advocacy Update, Ontario Tourism Recovery Program, Min. Wage Increase, and more.
- September 25th: Update on Advocacy, Federal Election Results, Changes to Moose Regs, NOTO Awards and More.
- September 17: Vaccine Certificates, Follow-up On Insurance, Federal Election Day, TSNN, and more
- September 7th: NOTO Elections – Call for Nominations, Fully Vaccinated International Travellers Can Enter Canada, Federal Election Voting Information, and more.
- September 3rd: Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway Winners, Vaccine Certificates, Elections, and more.
- Ontario to Require Vaccine Certificates to Enter Certain Public Places Effective September 22nd
- August 30th: Call for Nominations (NOTO’s Board of Directors), Northern Ontario Tourism Training Week, ArriveCAN App Errors, Experience Fishing Derby, Federal Election, Surveys and more
- August 22nd: NOTO’s Advocacy Efforts, AMO, Border Survey, Purolator Drop Boxes, Federal Election Confirmed, Ontario Pauses Reopening, Fire Implementation Orders and More
- August 14th: Potential Federal Election, FAQs About the Border, When Will We Leave Step 3, TSNN, Fire Implementation Orders & more.
- August 6th: GOGG July Winners, FAQs About the Border, CBSA Strike Over, Advocacy Update, TSNN & More.
- July 31st: FAQs on Border, CBSA Strike, CEWS & CERS Extension, TRF Webinar & more
- July 23rd: Canada-US Border Update & FAQs on Announcement, Laurie’s Interview with CBC, Notice from CBSA on Bait & more.
- July 19th: Canada to allow fully vaccinated Americans to come into Canada effective August 9th – details
- July 18th: Canada-US Border Closure Announcement Expected, Tourism Relief Fund, Jobs & Growth Fund, FAQs About Step 3 & More.
- July 13th: Ontario to Enter Step 3 Early, Ontario Travel Tax Credit Delayed, Canada Recovery Hiring Program & More
- July 2nd: NOTO’s Press Conference Update, GOGG Winners, Ontario Northland Resuming Service Routes & More.
- June 29th: NOTO hosts press conference to talk about the impacts of the Canada-US broder closure
- June 25th: Ontario’s Tourism Economic Recovery Report, Entering Step 2, Ontario Tourism & Travel Grant Extension, Travel Restrictions Update & More.
- June 20th: Borders Update (Canada-US & Interprovincial), Cabinet Shuffle, Toursim SkillsNet North webinar & more.
- June 11th: Ontario Enters Step 1 (Exception of Porcupine), Canada-US Border Closure, TSNN: accepting applications from operators, reminder of program deadlines and more.
- June 4th: GOGG May Winners, questions regarding reopening plan, Canada-US border reopening recommendations, interprovincial borders, TSNN update & more.
- May 30th: TSNN Launches, clarification on when the stay-at-home order ends and regulations to remain until June 14th, Canada-US border closure, rail service update and more.
- May 21: Ontario’s reopening plan and regulatory changes, TSNN program update, Canada-US border closure and more.
- May 16th: Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant, Province Wide Shutdown Update and FAQ, Technology Grants, Training Sessions and More.
- May 9th: Good news for US camp owners, new training development program, calls and webinars this week & more.
- May 2nd: GOGG First Round of Winners, Shutdown FAQs, Ontario News, Air Carrier Licence Info & More.
- April 25th: Canada US Border Closure Extension, Shutdown FAQs, MNRF Moose Webinar & Various Proposals & More.
- April 19th: Province Wide Shutdown Regulation Update (More Restrictions), Note for US Camp Owners, Federal Budget Highlights & More.
- April 10th: Message from Minister Yakabuski, Update on NOTO’s Advocacy Efforts, Crown Land Resource Fees Credit/Refunds, Tourism Training Week Session Highlights, Webinars and Resources for Operators & More.
- April 8th: Province Wide Shutdown Regulation Update
- April 1st: Ontario Enters 3rd Province Wide Lockdown, GOGG Information Session, Tourism Training Week Information & More.
- March 29th: Letter from CBSA for US Camp Owners, PHUs Moving to New Zones, Support Programs Update, GOGG Update & More.
- March 24th: Ontario Budget Highlights – Great News for Tourism!
- March 21st: Campaign to Save CEWS, Border Closure Extension, Northern Ontario Training Week, Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway & More.
- March 13th: Update on advocacy efforts, important update for US camp owners, collecting input from moose operators, MHSTCI Tourism Task Force, and more.
- March 5th: New Preferred Supplier: JillyFRAZ, insurance call, CEWS extension and changes, & more.
- February 26th: Update on advocacy efforts, new website, spring training week, info for US camp owners and more.
- February 20th: PPE Grants, border closure extension, PHUs new zones & more.
- Clarification on Canada-US Border – Border remains closed to all non-essential travel.
- February 12th: Update on advocacy efforts, moving back to the Reopening Ontario Framework, new land border crossing requirements and more.
- February 6th: Update on Lockdown Measures, Minister MacLeod’s Tele-townhall, HASCAP Applications Open & More.
- January 29th: Update on NOTO’s lobbying efforts, border working group update, new federal travel restrictions, Ontario’s plan to stop the spread of COVID variants, HASCAP & more.
- January 23rd: Lockdown and COVID regulation update, expansion to RRRF programs, Federal Government to announce travel restrictions shortly and more.
- January 14th: Stay-at-Home Order, State of Emergency Declared, Accommodations deemed non-essential (open to those in need of housing only), border closure extended, funding program recap and more.
- January 9th: Update on NOTO’s lobbying efforts, development of 2021 business toolkit, lockdown update – additional restrictions to come, new travel requirements & more.
- December 22nd: Lockdown – What does it mean for lodges, camps, and resorts.
- December 21st: Province Wide Lockdown: 14 days in North, 28 in South, Canada stops flights from UK as more contagious strand of COVID-19 discovered.
- December 18th: Potential Province-Wide Lockdown, Thunder Bay to Receive Vaccines, Toronto, Peel Lockdown Extended
- December 11th: NOTO receives award, TC Boating Safety Checklist Survey, Remembering Marg
- December 5th: Update on NOTO’s Advocacy, Federal Fall Economic Highlights, Border Working Group, Thunder Bay Moves to Orange, Quaratine Requirements Extended & More.
- November 30th: Northwest Health Unit Joins Sudbury in Yellow Zone, MNRF Fishing Fine Proposal, ADAPT 2020 Webinar (Winter Series) & More.
- November 20th: Border Closure Extended, TC Proposes to Eliminate Boating Safety Checklists, NOTO AGM and Tourism Training Week Update & More.
- November 13th: Changes to Public Health Measures (Additional Restrictions), Ford Calls on Feds to Open Border in 2021, Changes the CEWS, and more.
- November 6th: Change in Public Health Measures – Zoning to Replace Staged Approach, Budget Highlights, New Requirements for Individuals Entering Canada, MTO Survey
- November 2nd: Update on Minister MacLeod’s Sectoral Strategy, Changes to CEBA
- October 25th: Border Closure Extended, Additional Areas Move Into Modified Stage 2, Rapid Testing Pilot in AB
- October 18th: Federal Program Updates, Areas Move Into Stage 2, NOTO AGM Announcement
- October 5th: NORP Applications Now Open, New Public Health Restrictions, RRRF Update
- September 28th: Northern Ontario Recovery Program Details, New Rules for Food & Drink Establishments
- September 25th: Highlights from the Throne Speech, Ontario’s Fall COVID Plan, NOHFC Funding Announcement & More!
- September 21st: Gathering Restriction Changes Province Wide
- September 17th: Changes to gathering restrictions for Peel, Ottawa, Toronto, new fines coming, border closure extension & more.
- September 11th: Update on NOTO’s lobbying efforts & survey results, extensions on Federal support programs, various new funding opportunities & more.
- September 2nd: Transport Canada releases flight plan, news update for those looking to cross the border to winterize camps.
- August 24th: Several Federal and Provincial Updates (CEWS, Changes in Federal Government, Emegency Order Extensions and Changes) & more.
- August 3rd: Mandatory record keeping for restaurant, bars, boat tours, CEWS received royal assent, cormorant hunt and more.
- July 27th: Ontario Passes Two COVID-19 Acts, CEWS Extension Passed, Calls with CBSA and more!
- July 16th: NOTO’s succeeds in getting LUP, BMA, and other crown resource fees waived for 2020, border closure extended and more.
- July 13th: Northern Tourism Tele-Townhall w. Minister MacLeod and Minister Rickford (Notes), CEWS & Border Update, and more.
- July 9th: Update on NOTO’s advocacy efforts, state of emergency and emergency order updates, proposed COVID-19 related acts, more info on CEWS, Canada-US border reflections and more
- July 3rd: State of emergency extended, licence free fishing extended, update on CEWS, CEBA and more
- June 26th: Update on NOTO’s Lobbying Efforts, Manitoba Quarantine Update, Foggers/UV Not Recommended by CDC & WHO
- June 22nd: Manitoba Update, CEWS update, TIAO Calls, TC Mandatory Temperature Checks
- June 16th: Border closure, CERB and CEBA update, Webinar Q&As, Northern Ontario Townhall and more!
- June 11th: Update on NOTO’s Advocacy Effort, Clarifications of What is Permitted in Phase 2, Surveys, Webinars, RRRF Eligibility Changes & More!
- June 8th: Seasonal Campgrounds and Trailer Parks Open Friday, Phase 2 Begins This Week, Webinars and Conference Calls, and more!
- June 5th: Clarifications for Short Term Rental Services, US Camp Owners Can Now Come Into Canada (CBSA Announcement)!
- June 4th: Short Term Rentals Now Essential!
- June 1st Update: Federal Tourism Funding Update, Ontario Updates (electricity, state of emergency, re-opening of crown land and backcountry camping), Industry Led Campaign Reminder, Calls & Webinars
- Operator Call To Action (Industry Led Campaign) – Send letters to your local MPPs, the Premier and the Minister of Tourism!
- May 25th Update: Who can and can’t be open, changes to CEBA, webinars this week.
- May 19th Update: Border closure extended, CEBA, BCAP, CEWS eligibility criteria changes, emergency orders extended, spring bear hunt update and more.
- Long Weekend Information Update: Clarification on seasonal campgrounds from the Premier’s Office, CEWS Extension, RRRF, and more.
- May 14th Update: Clarification on seasonal campgrounds announcement, marinas update, Regional Relief Recovery Fund, and more.
- May 11th Update: Lodges, Camps, Marinas Update, New Eligibility Criteria Coming Soon for BCAP & CEWS, TIAO Calls and More
- May 2nd Update: Ontario’s Framework to Reopen the Economy, Guidelines, NOTO/DNO Survey, Housing Essential Workers and More.
- April 27th Update: A note to bear operators, Ontario’s framework for reopening the economy, this weeks calls and webinars and more.
- April 24th Update: NOTO press release, ADAPT2020 webinar series for tourism, TIAO survey, TIAC impact report, and more.
- April 20th Update: Supports for seasonal, rural, and indigenous businesses, TIAC survey, TIAO calls, pandemic training from WSPS, resources for businesses looking to do maintenance
- April 16th Update: Elibility Criteria Changes for CERB & Canada Emergency Business Account, Announcement on Insurance,Travel Restrictions & Qurantine Requests Within Ontario
- April 15th Update: CERB Eligibility Change, Extension of Emergency Declaration, Update on LUP, BMA and Baitfish Harvest fees, Pandemic Action Plan by The Standard Insurance Brokers & More
- April 8th Update: New Essential Service List, Dealing with Cancellations, Aviation Services Update, Resources to Help Plan For the Future of Your Business, & More
- April 1st Update: Border/Work Permits Update, Additional Information on Federal Supports, 3 Industry Surveys, Province Wide Fire Ban & More
- March 30th Update: New Small Business Supports, Banning of Gatherings Greater Than 5 People, NOTO’s Request for a Resource-Based Tourism Emergency Fun & More
- March 25th Update: Canada Emergency Response Benefit, Work Permits, Mandatory Quarantine & More
- March 23rd Update: Government Supports, Tips for Businesses Surounding Payroll, Additional Conference Calls for Operators & More
- March 18th Update: Border Closure to Include USA, Federal Government Economic Stimulus Package and More
- March 16th Update: Border Closure (Exception USA), Federal Tourism Supports, Destination Canada Update and More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to Prepare Your Business