Tourism Industry Resources at Your Fingertips!
Welcome to the Northern Ontario Tourism Industry information website. Consider this site your reference library, with articles on a range of subjects and links to government, industry and other resources. Please send us your comments, feedback and suggestions for additional information and resources that will help you and your business.
Follow us on social media!
Click here to receive news and important tourism industry updates
Canada to Ease Border Restrictions for Fully-Vaccinated Americans on August 9th, 2021
NOTO is very pleased to share that the Federal Government has officially announced that the Canada border with the US will be open for fully vaccinated American travellers on August 9th, 2021. Of course, this comes with a list of COVID safety measures that guests will need to adhere to. Fully vaccinated travellers must meet the following requirements:
- be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and/or Johnson & Johnson (one-dose));
- provide COVID-19- related information electronically through ArriveCan (App or web portal) including proof of vaccination prior to departing for Canada;
- meet the pre-entry testing requirements;
- be asymptomatic upon arrival; and
- have a paper or digital copy of their vaccination documentation in English or French (or certified translation, along with the original) ready to show a government official on request; and
- participate in random self-testing
All travellers must also present a suitable quarantine plan, and be prepared to quarantine, should they not meet all of the conditions to be exempt from quarantine.
Early Bird NOTO Membership Pricing Update!
Early Bird Pricing will remain available for the remainder of 2021!
The Great Ontario Getaway Giveaway!
Enter for your chance to win a trip for 2 to a Nothern Ontario Lodge!
If you are a lodge owner and would like to participate, click here!
COVID-19: Information for Tourism Operators
NOTO has put together a new page designated to COVID-19 and the latest developments that may impact tourism businesses. On this page, you will find infographics on the virus and tips on how to prepare your business, Government information on supports and initiatives, FAQ's, links to our COVID-19 newsletters and more. This page will be regularly updated as the situation develops.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Click here to access NOTO's health and safety protocols for the RBT industry!
Now available in French - Cliquez ici!
Messages and Updates from NOTO's Preferred Suppliers
Tourism operators: NOTO's Preferred Suppliers want you to know that they are here for your during these difficult times. NOTO and it's Preferred Suppliers created a communication intiative which will help keep operators across Ontario informed on how they've modified their services and the types of intiatives they have put forward to help you get ready for whatever this pandemic brings.
Tourism Industry News
- Ontario to Require COVID-19 Vaccine Certificates to Enter Certain Public Places Effective Sept. 22, 2021Sep 2, 2021
- Call for Nominations: NOTO's Board of DirectorsSep 1, 2021
- 2021 Election - Tourism Promises Made So FarAug 24, 2021
- Changes to Implementation Orders in the Northwest (Fire Related)Aug 24, 2021
- Ontario Announces Pause in ReopeningAug 24, 2021
- See All News...