Federal Government Announces Additional Easing of Border Measures Effective April 25
The Federal Government is continuing to ease Canada's border measures. Effective April 25, 2022, the following easing of border measures will come into effect:
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children aged 5-11 who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor will no longer be required to complete a pre-entry COVID-19 test for entry to Canada. Pre-entry tests will still be required for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers 12 and older who are currently eligible to travel to Canada. Children under 5 years of age are not required to provide a COVID-19 test result.
- All fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to provide a quarantine plan upon entry. This requirement will also be removed for children aged 5-11 who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, guardian, or tutor and travellers with a medical contraindication to a COVID-19 vaccine.
Also effective April 25th, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be federally required to do the following for 14 days after arriving:
- mask while in public spaces;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms;
- quarantine if another traveller in the same travel group exhibits signs or symptoms or tests positive; and
- maintain a list of close contacts and locations visited.
All travellers are still required to use ArriveCAN (free mobile app or website) to provide mandatory travel information within 72 hours of their arrival to Canada and/or before boarding a plane or cruise ship destined for Canada, including:
- contact and travel information, and
- vaccination information and proof of vaccination (if applicable).
Fully vaccinated travellers who do not submit their information into ArriveCAN:
- won't be eligible for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption
- may face additional delays at the border for public health questioning; and
- may be subject to fines or other enforcement action.
All travellers entering Canada by air, land or water must adhere to the federal requirements along with provincial regulations.
We highly encourage you to share the following link to your US guests as they prepare to come to Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
This website is regularly updated as requirements change.