NOTO's COVID-19 Newsletter Archive
On this page, you will find links to every COVID-19 newsletter update NOTO has produced over the course of the pandemic.
- February 26th: Update on advocacy efforts, new website, spring training week, info for US camp owners and more.
- February 20th: PPE Grants, border closure extension, PHUs new zones & more.
- Clarification on Canada-US Border - Border remains closed to all non-essential travel.
- February 12th: Update on advocacy efforts, moving back to the Reopening Ontario Framework, new land border crossing requirements and more.
- February 6th: Update on Lockdown Measures, Minister MacLeod's Tele-townhall, HASCAP Applications Open & More.
- January 29th: Update on NOTO's lobbying efforts, border working group update, new federal travel restrictions, Ontario's plan to stop the spread of COVID variants, HASCAP & more.
- January 23rd: Lockdown and COVID regulation update, expansion to RRRF programs, Federal Government to announce travel restrictions shortly and more.
- January 14th: Stay-at-Home Order, State of Emergency Declared, Accommodations deemed non-essential (open to those in need of housing only), border closure extended, funding program recap and more.
- January 9th: Update on NOTO's lobbying efforts, development of 2021 business toolkit, lockdown update - additional restrictions to come, new travel requirements & more.
- December 22nd: Lockdown - What does it mean for lodges, camps, and resorts.
- December 21st: Province Wide Lockdown: 14 days in North, 28 in South, Canada stops flights from UK as more contagious strand of COVID-19 discovered.
- December 18th: Potential Province-Wide Lockdown, Thunder Bay to Receive Vaccines, Toronto, Peel Lockdown Extended
- December 11th: NOTO receives award, TC Boating Safety Checklist Survey, Remembering Marg
- December 5th: Update on NOTO's Advocacy, Federal Fall Economic Highlights, Border Working Group, Thunder Bay Moves to Orange, Quaratine Requirements Extended & More.
- November 30th: Northwest Health Unit Joins Sudbury in Yellow Zone, MNRF Fishing Fine Proposal, ADAPT 2020 Webinar (Winter Series) & More.
- November 20th: Border Closure Extended, TC Proposes to Eliminate Boating Safety Checklists, NOTO AGM and Tourism Training Week Update & More.
- November 13th: Changes to Public Health Measures (Additional Restrictions), Ford Calls on Feds to Open Border in 2021, Changes the CEWS, and more.
- November 6th: Change in Public Health Measures - Zoning to Replace Staged Approach, Budget Highlights, New Requirements for Individuals Entering Canada, MTO Survey
- November 2nd: Update on Minister MacLeod's Sectoral Strategy, Changes to CEBA
- October 25th: Border Closure Extended, Additional Areas Move Into Modified Stage 2, Rapid Testing Pilot in AB
- October 18th: Federal Program Updates, Areas Move Into Stage 2, NOTO AGM Announcement
- October 5th: NORP Applications Now Open, New Public Health Restrictions, RRRF Update
- September 28th: Northern Ontario Recovery Program Details, New Rules for Food & Drink Establishments
- September 25th: Highlights from the Throne Speech, Ontario's Fall COVID Plan, NOHFC Funding Announcement & More!
- September 21st: Gathering Restriction Changes Province Wide
- September 17th: Changes to gathering restrictions for Peel, Ottawa, Toronto, new fines coming, border closure extension & more.
- September 11th: Update on NOTO's lobbying efforts & survey results, extensions on Federal support programs, various new funding opportunities & more.
- September 2nd: Transport Canada releases flight plan, news update for those looking to cross the border to winterize camps.
- August 24th: Several Federal and Provincial Updates (CEWS, Changes in Federal Government, Emegency Order Extensions and Changes) & more.
- August 3rd: Mandatory record keeping for restaurant, bars, boat tours, CEWS received royal assent, cormorant hunt and more.
- July 27th: Ontario Passes Two COVID-19 Acts, CEWS Extension Passed, Calls with CBSA and more!
- July 16th: NOTO's succeeds in getting LUP, BMA, and other crown resource fees waived for 2020, border closure extended and more.
- July 13th: Northern Tourism Tele-Townhall w. Minister MacLeod and Minister Rickford (Notes), CEWS & Border Update, and more.
- July 9th: Update on NOTO's advocacy efforts, state of emergency and emergency order updates, proposed COVID-19 related acts, more info on CEWS, Canada-US border reflections and more
- July 3rd: State of emergency extended, licence free fishing extended, update on CEWS, CEBA and more
- June 26th: Update on NOTO's Lobbying Efforts, Manitoba Quarantine Update, Foggers/UV Not Recommended by CDC & WHO
- June 22nd: Manitoba Update, CEWS update, TIAO Calls, TC Mandatory Temperature Checks
- June 16th: Border closure, CERB and CEBA update, Webinar Q&As, Northern Ontario Townhall and more!
- June 11th: Update on NOTO's Advocacy Effort, Clarifications of What is Permitted in Phase 2, Surveys, Webinars, RRRF Eligibility Changes & More!
- June 8th: Seasonal Campgrounds and Trailer Parks Open Friday, Phase 2 Begins This Week, Webinars and Conference Calls, and more!
- June 5th: Clarifications for Short Term Rental Services, US Camp Owners Can Now Come Into Canada (CBSA Announcement)!
- June 4th: Short Term Rentals Now Essential!
- June 1st Update: Federal Tourism Funding Update, Ontario Updates (electricity, state of emergency, re-opening of crown land and backcountry camping), Industry Led Campaign Reminder, Calls & Webinars
- Operator Call To Action (Industry Led Campaign) - Send letters to your local MPPs, the Premier and the Minister of Tourism!
- May 25th Update: Who can and can't be open, changes to CEBA, webinars this week.
- May 19th Update: Border closure extended, CEBA, BCAP, CEWS eligibility criteria changes, emergency orders extended, spring bear hunt update and more.
- Long Weekend Information Update: Clarification on seasonal campgrounds from the Premier's Office, CEWS Extension, RRRF, and more.
- May 14th Update: Clarification on seasonal campgrounds announcement, marinas update, Regional Relief Recovery Fund, and more.
- May 11th Update: Lodges, Camps, Marinas Update, New Eligibility Criteria Coming Soon for BCAP & CEWS, TIAO Calls and More
- May 2nd Update: Ontario's Framework to Reopen the Economy, Guidelines, NOTO/DNO Survey, Housing Essential Workers and More.
- April 27th Update: A note to bear operators, Ontario's framework for reopening the economy, this weeks calls and webinars and more.
- April 24th Update: NOTO press release, ADAPT2020 webinar series for tourism, TIAO survey, TIAC impact report, and more.
- April 20th Update: Supports for seasonal, rural, and indigenous businesses, TIAC survey, TIAO calls, pandemic training from WSPS, resources for businesses looking to do maintenance
- April 16th Update: Elibility Criteria Changes for CERB & Canada Emergency Business Account, Announcement on Insurance,Travel Restrictions & Qurantine Requests Within Ontario
- April 15th Update: CERB Eligibility Change, Extension of Emergency Declaration, Update on LUP, BMA and Baitfish Harvest fees, Pandemic Action Plan by The Standard Insurance Brokers & More
- April 8th Update: New Essential Service List, Dealing with Cancellations, Aviation Services Update, Resources to Help Plan For the Future of Your Business, & More
- April 1st Update: Border/Work Permits Update, Additional Information on Federal Supports, 3 Industry Surveys, Province Wide Fire Ban & More
- March 30th Update: New Small Business Supports, Banning of Gatherings Greater Than 5 People, NOTO's Request for a Resource-Based Tourism Emergency Fun & More
- March 25th Update: Canada Emergency Response Benefit, Work Permits, Mandatory Quarantine & More
- March 23rd Update: Government Supports, Tips for Businesses Surounding Payroll, Additional Conference Calls for Operators & More
- March 18th Update: Border Closure to Include USA, Federal Government Economic Stimulus Package and More
- March 16th Update: Border Closure (Exception USA), Federal Tourism Supports, Destination Canada Update and More
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to Prepare Your Business